Caramba - Summary of work carried out
- - Steel hull shot-blasted
- - Aluminium super structure shot-blasted
- - Hull surveyed using ultrasound
- - Aluminium re-plated in areas
- - Complete Awlgrip paint system applied
- - Original fittings completely refurbished
- - New windows fitted throughout
- - New teak capping rails for hull
- - New stainless steel guard rails
- - Gardener 6LXB engines refurbished
- - All sea cocks serviced or replaced
- - Water tanks repaired
- - Bilges painted throughout
Caramba gets full exterior refit
The owner of Caramba noticed Shoo Shoo at Pendennis Marina after she had undergone an extensive refit in Cockwells dry dock. He was extremely impressed with the quality of craftsmanship and after receiving a personal recommendation from Shoo Shoo's Captain, he brought Caramba to Cockwells for a total exterior refit.
Caramba is a 65 ft classic motor yacht built by Samuel White & Company Limited in Cowes 1963, she has been in her current ownership since 2000 when she was purchased and brought back to the UK via the French canals.
Her aft accommodation comprises of an aft stateroom with a queen size double and en-suite heads containing a toilet and shower. There is also a twin-bedded guest cabin also with en-suite heads with toilet and shower. She has a spacious saloon and well equipped galley which features a seating area and table, designed to convert easily into a private cabin for two. Caramba's most outstanding aspect is her elegant aft deck furnished with a fine teak dining room table, perfect for relaxing in the summer under a permanent blue bimini cover.
We hope you will agree from the photographs, that she now looks as good as the day she was built in 1963 and we are pleased to say she has received much admiration from the local population!